August 18, 2008

The International Olympic Committee

Donny: Are these the Nazis, Walter?
Walter Sobchak: No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.
The I.O.C, They are simply pathetic. They are removing Baseball and Softball from the 2012 Summer Olympic games. Members of the I.O.C have cited the "lack of worldwide participation" as the basis for it's removal. What a bunch of horse shit! Here's what the I.O.C thinks an Olympic sport should be.
"I don't know what sports would come under pressure in 2020. Butit's important that the Committee keeps on the program sports that are popular, attractive to young people, have an element of entertainment and are attractive to broadcasting," -IOC Press Commission Chairman Kevan Gosper
Let us look at some of the adjectives they chose to use here:
Popular, Attractive to young people, entertainment
The I.O.C should have used some of the following to describe future prospective Olympic Sports: Boring, Geriatric, mind numbing, As much fun as dying from Lou Gehrig's Disease. Who in their right mind enjoys watching table tennis, squash (potential for 2012 games), Badmitton, Handball, ect.... The list of wretched games goes on ad nosium. Some of these I would consider to be enjoyable "activities." However Ping Pong should have never been made into an Olympic Sport. The I.O.C sucks. Why can't I watch an Olympic soccer match either? Duderino is totally within his element on this one! I fnd very little in the Olympics to be entertaining.

No comments: